20 March 2010

What learned in my night of debauchery

Well it wasn't really debauchery, but it did get your attention, didn't it?

So a very quick recap of yesterday's happenings:
Went to see a friend, and a few of her friends, at a restaurant, and from there went to a couple of gay bars and a gay club. Danced a little, drank a little, and then went to get a bite, and go home.

So far, not really much to talk about. I met really great guys, I loved being with my friend (even if she doesn't have a penis), and I learned a lot about myself. Usually, one does not learn much in a club or a bar, but I take life to be a classroom, and thus, every opportunity presented to us is a time to learn. Yesterday was no different.

So what were the lessons I learned yesterday? Simple (and in completely random order):

  1. A man's body truly does not attract me. Granted, it's nice to look at, but a body is a body is a body. Nice bodies in the gay world is like chocolate in a Willy Wonka factory: it's understood to be there. This was really cemented at the club, where they had some male dancers in nothing but shoes, underwear, and a smile. One of them was really cute, and had really nice eyes. But what I loved most were his shoes. Nice and streamlined...they looked like Pumas, but I'm not too sure.

    "Wait...how was his body. Did he have a nice butt? How about his package? What about his pecs?" There were there, nicely hidden by his black bikini, but they were not the focus for me. I mean, in a gay club, there is plenty of eye candy to passed around and to admire, but there needs to be something more to grab my attention. Good thing they had a big screen so I could pay attention to something more interesting.
  2. Between a nice bar and a club, the bar wins. Don't get me wrong. The club is a nice environment if your main purpose is to dance and enjoy yourself that way, but a bar, you can talk. The music is there as a filler to the silence no one wants to hear. It's a time to actually enjoy with friends without the constant blaring of music and the yelling in one's ear an inch away from you so that you have the possibility of being heard. At least in a bar, you can actually talk at a normal volume and be understood.

    Now between a bad bar and a club, home wins.
  3. Friends and people you can trust always make it worthwhile. No matter where I am, as long as I have some friends, and people I trust, I have no problems making the most of it. It's the company I enjoy with them. They're just awesome.
  4. As long as I live in El Paso, I'm remaining single. I'm seeing that they gay scene in El Paso encompasses almost everyone I know/might know, and unfortunately, that includes bars and clubs. Considering I don't drink much, and I dislike the clubs, finding a Mr. Right for Me in the city is not looking bright. Don't get me wrong: I know there are plenty of people who have found their better half in bars and clubs, but quite frankly, I don't like the pickings in a club. The environment is exceptionally sexual. Don't believe me. Check out the dance floor.

    Now a bar may have a better chance, if the guy doesn't drink too much. I like conversation, and nothing gets my blood and juices flowing better than a highly intellectual conversation. It's the flame needed to get my fire burning, so to speak. Yet, too many drinks and you may feel like you're spewing Shakespeare, but all I'm getting is Larry the Cable Guy.
  5. I find a lot of boys, but rarely a man. As someone nicely put it: "A man is handsome & interesting, a boy is cute and fun." There are more of the latter than the former. Unfortunately, I don't like boys. If I did, I'd get one.
Like I said, there is a lot of lessons one can learn in a short period. For me, these were very important. In time, I know I learn more from my times of "debauchery."

No comments:

Post a Comment